11 Reasons to Switch to Shampoo and Conditioner Bars
In the midst of a climate crisis, our actions matter. Lifestyle changes that may seem small all add up to make a bigger impact, even what we use to wash our hair! Our buying habits and preferences send a big message to corporations and the government as we vote with our dollars. There are countless reasons to make the switch to plastic-free shampoo and conditioner bars, but we’ve slimmed it down to 11 reasons to make the switch today.
- When you purchase shampoo & conditioner in plastic bottles, that plastic will be on earth at least 10 times longer than your lifespan
- Of the roughly 550 million shampoo bottles disposed of each year in the US, only about 8% get recycled, and the rest inevitably turn into toxic sludge and microplastics that leach into our soil and oceans
- The manufacturing of plastic shampoo and conditioner bottles generate toxic emissions that lead into our air and water
- Flora Flora’s shampoo and conditioner bars are made with and packaged in fully biodegradable materials
- Shampoo and conditioner bars are TSA approved and easier to travel with than liquids
- You get ease of mind knowing you’re not contributing to the plastic crisis
- Saving money by not paying for plastic bottles or filler ingredients
- The manufacturing of plastics is harmful to the factory workers
- Microplastics accumulate in the food chain, making their way into our bodies
- Flora Flora’s shampoo and conditioner bars are gentle on the hair and scalp, and made with only the cleanest salon quality ingredients
- The active ingredients in shampoo and conditioner bars are applied directly to the hair and scalp instead of watered down liquid hair products, so you get more out of every wash
About Sarah Cloes
Sarah Cloes founded Flora Flora in April of 2021 in San Diego, CA. When Sarah learned about the effect of plastic pollution on the environment and looked to reduce her plastic use in beauty products, she found that it was really hard to find attractive hair care options. She then set out to create plastic free shampoo and conditioner that are just as effective as the best liquid shampoo and conditioner options, making it easier for more people to make the switch. Now Flora Flora is a team of two, producing everything by hand in small batches in their San Marcos, CA warehouse and showroom.